I would say that the Blogger outage over the last day or so delayed this post, but we all know that would just be a lie. That said, let's try to recap their birthday weekend...it is only a matter of time before they take Jennifer's advice and turn it into a birthday week. :)
The picture collage was a big hit last year so we decided to bring it back again. We might need to pre-plan the picture mix a little better next year as we had a large number of portraits. This made the number creation a challenge, but Jennifer and team did a great job working with what they had.
Jennifer was able to find a great idea to utilize our monthly pictures outside in a clothesline fashion. Thankfully the rain held off until after the party, however there was a good amount of wind that caused a few problems with some of the decorations. It seems like every year, weather has played a role in their birthday party. Hopefully this isn't a sign...or...maybe we should have a destination party?!
I am not sure what happened, but this was one of the only cake / active decorating pictures I could find. A lot of thanks goes to Jane, Sharon, and Frank for helping decorate | run random errands for us in order to help pull off this event.
***12 Month Pictures***
The days are long but the years are short...and we are now 6 months past these pictures! We had a great time tracking Mackenzie's growth through these monthly pictures. Since the calendars were so large, it also allowed the twins to also get involved...which they took full advantage of. :)
After 12 months, Mackenzie has not run out of smiles and it continues to be noticed by everyone she comes into contact with. Emily had some big smiles in her first year, but the smile never seems to leave Kenzie's face. Outside of a few very minor illnesses, she seems to be happy almost all of the time and I can't explain how thankful we are for this. Hopefully this will continue for many years to come including those early teen years.
Not sure if she is going to love it or hate it, but she has my hair...and a lot of it. Honestly, Kenzie will likely have longer hair then Emily by her 2nd birthday. Place your bets now. Ha! I am also looking forward to charting out how tall everyone is at Christmas on our growth chart. I believe that Mackenzie will be much taller than either of her sisters based on how fast she has been growing...maybe she is our future basketball star. Speaking of growing, she is outpacing her hand-me-down clothes. We continue to have to buy new clothes for her as she is now almost 1 full season ahead of her sisters at the same age.
I am sure there are many other traits and experiences that I am missing, but that will be for a future post...or a Jennifer edit. :)











So much fun going on at your house! Enjoy it while it lasts ��
ReplyDelete