Let's see, I believe this blog was promised to start with our first trip away. We did it! I guess I should word it as I did it! I have a problem where for some reason I stalk flights, even when I'm not currently planning a trip anywhere. Delta has fabulous last minute deals every Tuesday so I have to review to see if there is anywhere I want to go that weekend (because we are in a spot where it is super convenient for us to get up and go). But anyways, while I'm searching these flights sometimes I like to do random spots that we have talked about visiting. Well, it just so happened that I found a good deal to San Francisco for April and away we went. Thankfully Grandma Sharon and Uncle Bob stepped up to the plate for the madness that is containing Emily and Lucy for the weekend. We can't thank them enough!!!
So what's in San Francisco? Well Dan has a friend named Milan...let's just say if you have watched Scrubs they are on the verge of a Turk/JD relationship but not quite to that extreme....yet (although they do have matching necklaces from another vacation together...). I digress. So Milan's fabulous fiancée Jenny is getting (and almost finished...YAY!) with her MBA at Berkley so off they went to California! This of course comes in handy now because we have a free place to stay! Hooray! Okay so what did we do?! While if you friends with any of us on Facebook you saw that we ate and drank and that was pretty much it...but it was fabulous!
First stop was the Full House house. Milan conveniently lives like a block away:
I'm not sure Milan realized he almost got ran over while taking this picture but it was worth it! No Danny Tanner but that's okay. After the food and drinks, we headed to The Fillmore for a show. In case you are wondering, it is a somewhat historic concert venue. They typically give posters for each show (of course ours didn't have one) but they have two rooms of all the old ones and it is pretty awesome:
We went to see The Wombats and they put on one heck of a show...in my opinion.
At the end, instead of getting a poster they compensated by providing apples:
Saturday we decided to do a quick stop at the Ferry's Farmer's Market and then headed to Berkley.
![]() |
| Bay Bridge |
![]() |
| It just so happens we went on Cal Day so it was a little crazy! |
On our way back to San Fran for the evening we made a quick stop a Dolores Park. This is where you go to hang out and party and watch crazy homeless people collect cans and bottles:

This is where I had a slight panic attack about the fact that we are parents now and someday these could be our children. I'm not sure I'm ready for that responsibility but I suppose it is too late now. Here goes nothing! :)
So finally on our last day I got to see the Golden Gate bridge:

![]() |
| Alcatraz |
We also walked more than most normal human beings should but we did get to go to a chocolate tour at TCHO. As our reward we decided to visit the second span of houses from Full House:
![]() |
| The Painted Ladies |
In other exciting news, when we returned to our wonderful children, Lucy had been perfecting a new trick while we were gone. My mom helped her stand and she took a few steps to me and then to Dan. It was glorious and terrifying all at the same time. She is still working on gaining her confidence but I'm pretty sure she will be sprinting in the new two weeks. Emily gets too excited still and flaps her arms like she is trying to fly versus walk but I'm sure she will catch up in no time like she normally does.
We also finally had spring arrive in Minnesota. We were able to get out to the park for the first time and try out the swings. Enjoy the random pictures below and we will be back soon with the 11 month photos!


















Looks like lots of fun was had by all!! I enjoyed staying with the girls and Bob and I'm glad you could go without worries. Can't wait to see you all again soon. I hope Lucy feels better.
ReplyDelete