Turning the Page

So as you are planning to travel in May, I don't believe anyone typically thinks to add extra time in case of a snow storm...


Thank you Wisconsin for your lovely welcome on this fine spring day. As our drive continued, I would like it to be noted that we went from 32 degrees to 74 and experienced snow, rain, and sunny weather. I'm not sure the weather quite knew what to do with itself but despite all this grossness, we managed to arrive safely in Indiana for a long weekend!

















The girls did surprisingly well-ish. The extra time added to the drive didn't help as we were all ready to be out of the car but we all survived. :) Of course every place to stopped to eat we were asked if they were twins and they loved watching all the people and at times I think forgot we existed but that's okay.

So why were we in Indiana you ask? Well because I'm a little crazy. I decided that we should run the Mini Marathon (1/2 marathon for those of you not familiar with the race). In my mind, we were going to beat our time from 2 years ago by 30 minutes (at least) and my perfect training plan would go perfectly. Well...someone forgot to warn me that having two kids and running after they go to bed isn't always going to work out in my favor. Despite the lovely cold that my darling children shared with me the day before, Dan and I made our way downtown on Saturday to give it all we had!

Corral T...yes A-S are ahead of us.

We managed to finish and although we didn't beat our time and in fact were 10 minutes slower...it was still a great accomplishment! Mainly because during this picture I couldn't see out of my right eye because I was having a migraine but somehow managed to walk back to Dan's Dad's house. The aftermath required a nap but we finished the race!


The rest of the trip was filled with family fun. We apparently failed at taking a lot of pictures like we planned but we have a few for your enjoyment below. For now I will say it was a fabulous trip and we were excited to see the people we did see and sorry to those we couldn't quite squeeze in. Apparently time flies when you are home for three days!!

But while we were home, our ladies took one step closer to becoming toddlers. :/ I'm not sure I'm ready for this but here we go:

11 MONTHS!
Time has literally flown by the past month I feel like. They no longer nicely sit still for us and this picture basically describes how the photo session went:


The ladies continue to be busy

Emily hasn't master the art of taking steps yet but has learned to crawl fast enough to keep up with her sister now. She still loves to smile and talk...her and Dan sometimes have contests (whether they know it or not) to see who can be the loudest. She doesn't seem to get very nervous around strangers...which I haven't decided if this is good or bad but we will go with it. She also still loves to cuddle at times despite her busy agenda of following her sister and looking out the back door with Zeus.



Our little Lucy...is officially our trouble maker. She has quickly taught us what we failed at baby proofing and is willing to explore anything...including small spaces next to the couch just to see if there is anything worth finding. She is still mastering the art of walking but this week has decided to give it more of a try instead of crawling places so I'm sure in no time she will start sprinting. She is a little more reserved but once she starts talking she has stories to tell. Recently she has become a bit of a mama's girl (to which I can't complain) and isn't a big fan of people she doesn't really know but warms up quick if you can get her to smile. She has also recently been on a biting spree...poor Emily has three bite-mark bruises to prove it but we are working on that.


"Helping" Mom






So if you can believe it...that my friends is 11 months! We are busy planning our Monster Party for next month so stay tuned for pictures :)

Finally, before I leave you with our normal mess of random pictures, I also wanted to mention that I got to celebrate my 1st official Mother's Day! In case you are wondering, this is how the pictures normally go:




And eventually we get this:


But that being said, I am truly grateful each day to get a chance to hang out with these two kiddos and attempt not to completely screw them up. I am also thankful for all the wonderful moms in my life to help me along the way. Thank you also to my mom for not screwing me up and for passing down a lot of your goofiness...I'm not sure the girls will appreciate all my random songs when they get older but for now they appear to think I'm pretty cool. :)

Okay, now that you have been updated and all that jazz...enjoy the remaining picture madness!!!

Indiana Craziness - 1st Stop - Great Grandma Hill's House:



Exploring new grounds!


Hanging with Grandpa Scott










2nd Stop - Grandpa Frank and Grandma Jane's:







3rd Stop - Uncle Jake and Aunt Danette's:





A puppet show was put on by their fabulous cousins - Natalie, Jasmine and Olivia!




They tried to convince us to leave one of them there...despite their best efforts both babies did return with Mom and Dad to Minnesota :)

Finally - Hanging at Grandma Sharon's:


Grandma quickly became Lucy's favorite by providing a shopping cart for her to push around. I think she walked the entire house with it and even got to bring it home to Minnesota...where she continues to push it...mainly into her sister. :) 







 


And finally to wrap things up...it was superhero or princess day at daycare...obviously we made the right decision:






Na na na na BATMAN!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are great and the blog as always is awesome! I think you should retire from Target and start writing.
    I loved having you guys stay with me, it was so much fun. You really have two good and happy babies! It makes me so happy just to be with them. I know it's lots of work but it is worth it!!! When Em puts her head on my shoulder and cuddles with me or Lucy give me a big laugh, they just melt my heart!!
    Can't wait to see everyone again for the big birthday celebration!!!! I promise to get everything done :-)
    Love you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!