Wrapping Up the 20s

Happy Easter! I hope the bunny was good to you and you were able to enjoy some time with family. Dan and I missed spending time with family and enjoying some ham but instead got to do some fun projects around the house...make a trip to Home Depot and packed a few more things from our other apartment. Sounds fabulous right?!

This has been a busy week, that's for sure! Thursday we made the officially move from the Warehouse District to South Minneapolis. The movers were about an hour late (truck problems) and it required two trips but now we live in box world and are slowly but surely getting things organized. We have enjoyed not hearing our neighbor's music and extremely loud footsteps! I have also successfully learned to navigate through our bedroom to the stairs and down to make it to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Dan also bought me a helpful night light...this was after I accidentally turned all the lights on the first night...oops! Zeus has also learned to adjust to climbing up and down stairs...


Although at the end of these is a hard wood floor so there is still some slight sliding involved on his end.

Otherwise a special thank you to Dan's Dad (Frank) for coming up this weekend to help us start to get settled. He got the privilege of helping Dan finish up the painting in the nursery and putting together furniture:

Nursery!
For some reason in the pictures our yellow seems to look a lot more yellow than it really is...in case you are wondering. But now all that remains is to finish decorating and carry everything else upstairs for organization fun! We do still have some high chairs and pack and plays and jumparoos, etc to build if anyone else would like to join in on the fun.

I have officially survived the week with only a few contractions here and there...

Week 29
This week begins the babies gaining around 1/2 of pound each week so needless to say my comfort levels are slowly but surely decreasing. They have both decided to gain up against me and play in my ribs on a more frequent basis. We go for our 2nd level 2 ultrasound on Thursday so we will be able to provide more updates on how they are laying and their size then. We will see if they cooperate for pictures this time...last time was rather unsuccessful. Although my doctor's office did mention that after week 32 I would have more frequent ultrasounds so not to worry too much because there would be penalty of chances for some glamor shots.

Butternut Squash
So as I mentioned our little squashes are busy growing and practicing skills like breathing to prepare them for the outside world. Their brains also now regulate their temperature so like Zeus they are busy shedding their "winter coat" of hair. Like I mentioned before, we will have more updates after Thursday's ultrasound and I go to the doctor on Friday so it is a busy week of baby fun!

I think I covered everything for this week...maybe?! I hope everyone has enjoyed the little pops of spring. It is suppose to cool down a bit up here but for now we have gotten to enjoy our landscaping for a bit...we will see if it survives! Happy Week 29!!





3 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Zeus!!! The babies room looks fantastic. Great job Dan and Frank :) Jenny-you look so good and just think, you are almost done. Eight weeks at the most and it will go by fast. Try to get as much sleep as possible, you will need it. Can't wait to see the pictures of the babies and see how much they've changed and grown. Your house is so nice and the flowers are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sharon. The room looks great and your flowers are gorgeous. I hope you get some time to relax before the big day. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! The house looks great. We are back and are happy to help with anything you need. Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!