We started out the week waiting for our HUD to be finalized on our mortgage, which initially didn't seem that stressful, until we waited and waited and waited for the final costs to be calculated. I'm sure all fellow homeowners know this feeling well! I am amazed that the loan | title companies stay in business. One the positive side, we actually owed less at closing than our initial estimate!
Prior to our closing on Thurs, we performed that final walk through of the house and were greeted with fresh flowers and a card from the (now) previous owners (Rosemary and Matt).
![]() |
| We also have tulips growing around the house! |
Rosemary had lived in the house for the previous 10 years and a lot of great memories in it. She wanted to give us a head start on knowing the neighborhood and its neighbors. More on that later. After an uneventful (except the card and flowers) walk through, we were off to the closing. Since we arrived a little early we were able to get a head start on signing
After an hour of signing papers, we were officially homeowners! First stop..MENAARRRRRDS! We picked up some paint swatches, samples, and eventually...after a couple more trips....the actual paint colors. Thankfully Sharon made the trip up to Minneapolis, or I would have had to take off the next two weeks to paint! Maybe not that long, but it would have taken a lot longer. Since I forgot to grab the camera from the house tonight, I'll hopefully post the pictures tomorrow after we finish up. We have been painting and fixing walls for the past two days, so hopefully you enjoy our new colors.
On to the babes. After our prego class instructor kept referring to twins as babes, I can't stop. Since we are officially in the third trimester I thought we would provide some fun facts about the start of this stage compared to the start of the 2nd.
- At 14 weeks our babies weighed 5 ounces, now they was almost 2 pounds!
- Our babies arms and legs were just started to develop muscles, now they can kick and punch! Bonus Fun Fact: You can now see Jennifer's belly move when they kick | punch.
- Their eyes and ears were forming, now all 5 senses are functioning!
This week's food item is cabbage, specifically Chinese cabbage.
![]() |
| Growing like vegetables! |
![]() |
| This could be the last picture at the apartment! |
We have hired movers for next Thur, so I am sure the posts over the next week will be heavy on the house updates, Jennifer not being approved to lift anything more than a book, and a growing honeydo list.




Jenny your belly really does look bigger this week! You are looking great. And zeus' smile is so cute. He truley is excited about that yard!! Have a great week, and good luck. :)
ReplyDelete