Wrapping Up the 2nd Trimester

Happy March Madness week everyone! I am pretty sure I watched more basketball this weekend than I ever have in my life. My older brother came up for a visit and they managed to have a set-up in the living room that allowed the viewing of 3 games at one time:

Another quick note about basketball is that the Hoosiers are headed to the Sweet Sixteen so this household was EXTREMELY excited on Saturday evening.  We had a game watch for the alumni association and I'm pretty sure the bar we were at appreciated our yelling and cheering. :)

So let's see...what do we have this week:


Cucumber mania!! I'm still uncertain on this whole fruit to actual size thing but we will go with it. Our ladies are busy defining some of their unique facial features. They are working on growing some eyelashes and eyebrows and will likely open their eyes for the first time in just a few weeks. In addition they have continued to discover the joys of punching and/or kicking my rids...Baby B especially likes to shove her limbs under my right one. I can only imagine how wonderful these fights for space will be once they grow a little bigger. I have, however, continued to enjoy their random movements and it makes me laugh every time I see my stomach move so maybe it is worth it. 

I continue to feel like every week I grow more and more. Today we went for a walk to enjoy the warm weather and I felt like I was getting just a few steps closer to waddling. 


Week 26
Sorry, we did the black pocket tee again, although this time Dan said I was big enough that it didn't matter...thanks?! 


Otherwise, we started baby class this past Tuesday. We are in the special Twins, Triplets and More class...all the couples are expecting twins though. We went around the room and shared some things we wanted to know and fears and I felt a little better because everyone seemed to be on the same page as me so I didn't feel like such a worrier. We got to do a tour of the labor and delivery wing at the hospital...it made things a little more real so that was good and bad I think. Apparently I learned that our labor bag is more about the support partner than the mom so I think Dan enjoyed this little tidbit. I am excited to announce that the hospital has a McDonalds open 24 hours so I'm pretty sure we made the right decision there...someday I will learn how bad it is for me but for now we are going with it. :) This week we get to watch THE video...we will see how this goes...


In other news, we are quickly approaching our close date on our house so we have been busy (well kind slow to start but picking up a bit) packing up our apartment and picking out some paint colors for the new place. We are anxiously awaiting the ability to become settled and finally get the baby furniture out of the boxes in that have been sitting in the living room for awhile. We will be sure to upload some new pictures once we move in the first week in April and we get things a little more organized. :)


But as I mentioned in the title, this is our last week of the 2nd trimester so I hope you all have enjoyed the fun this trimester has brought. We shall see what the 3rd holds at the very least we get babies!!! Everyone send good thoughts that I made it past 34 weeks (my goal is between 36 and 38) and I don't go insane from a lack of sleep due to being incredibly uncomfortable.
 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the video! You may want to close your eyes through part of it.(noone will know) I am excited for you both about the house, and as fas as sleep, you might as well forget about it for quite awhile. Like three or four years atleast! just kidding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Mary Jane is right-you are pretty much screwed on the sleep thing. No matter how much the video scares you, there is no turning back now. I can't wait to see the house and help "0h Joy" get it ready to go. As long as Dan is nice! Happy Third Trimester kids!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!