25 and Counting!

Hooray for week 25 and mild panic attacks. I realized this week that we potentially have anywhere from 2 to 3 months to go and frankly that's a bit crazy! Accordingly to one of my apps, we are officially at 100 days remaining (that's if we make it to June 19th). In the next few weeks we will have to set-up something so that you can submit your guesses for date of arrival and then height and weight. :)

So this week actually started with a bit of delayed birthday celebration. As noted in the blog last week we ate sushi and were too full and tired to do much more so the actual cake celebration too place on Tuesday (I believe). The cake below my mom made before she left and it was pretty much the best cake ever! Thanks Mom! :)


Dan decided to go super festive with all the birthday fun and we soon discovered Zeus's greatest enemy...


If you look on the couch cushion you will see a "party blowout" (this is what the package says). We didn't think anything of it when Dan handed me one before we blew out the candles and when I did it...Zeus barked. To give many of you some background...Zeus normally doesn't bark. He "bitches" as we like to call it when he needs to go outside but it more just talking in a weird growling/whiny way. The only time he barks is when he gets really excited when he is playing or if someone comes to the door and he can't smell them right way. Nope, this thing made him bark and whine and then he ran and hide in his bed. It was the funniest part of the evening. Of course we couldn't just do it once and let him be...we may have "tortured" him a bit with them. Although to be fair, Dan did let him smell one and he tore it in half so he got his revenge. Poor Zeus.

Anyways, now I will get on to the baby stuff.

Grapefruits!
This week our little eggplants have grown (?) to grapefruits. I think all of these fruits are about the same size for the past few weeks...I'm not sure how these are actually determined but that's okay because this week we have REAL stats. On Friday we got to do a growth ultrasound to see how our little ladies were doing. Baby A is a nice 1lb and 11oz, and Baby B is 1lb and 13oz. They are both right around my actual date so they are right on track and one is not taking the good stuff from the other. We did find out that Baby B is still by my right rib and she was folded in half so not only was she punching my ribs but she had both her feet up there too so it made much more sense why I have been a bit uncomfortable in that area lately. We don't really have new pictures to show you because Baby B was showing us her yoga poses and when there are 2 hands and 2 feet in the way you don't get the pretty profile picture. Then Baby A decided whenever we wanted to take a picture that she was going to turn and face my back...thank you ladies. The ultrasound lady was laughing quite a bit and told us we would have fun once they were born. She also mentioned that starting around week 32 they do an ultrasound every time we visit so not to worry about getting bad pictures this time because eventually they do cooperate. 

Otherwise everything else is looking good. I have been having some back pain and a bit of dizziness but it is because they are growing and smushing everything that helps me breath normally so that's been lovely. They are definitely full of energy now and even some of my co-workers have gotten to see their punching/kicking skills because it is to the point where you can see and feel it. It should be an interesting few more months. During the ultrasound Baby A had the hiccups so I am waiting until I can start to feel those because I'm pretty sure since they are my kids this will be a normal occurrence and typically I get them 3 times any day I do get the hiccups so that will be a fun little tradition for them to continue with.

I continue to grow...I have slowly but surely moved out of some of my initial maternity gear. I can still rock the red pocket tee for now. I need it to last one more week (we have our national meeting for work and are required to rock the red and khaki) and then it will be retired so enjoy:

Week 25
And as a side note, I will share my fear with you...

This picture is Zeus standing on his hind legs to sniff the grapefruit like a seal...but if you look closely you will see that my belly button is slowly but surely moving outwardly. I find it creepy whenever this happens to normal pregnant people so Dan laughed at me because I make such a big deal out of it. However, it seems to come and go depending on how much the girls push on me right there since Baby A's head is there with Baby B's bottom (and legs when she isn't folded in half). So we'll see how long until I join the creepy league of outies. Yikes!

Okay well this blog got very long very fast so I will stop rambling. Hopefully everyone is super pumped for March Madness...they are already counting the Hoosiers out in the first round but hopefully this helps fuel their desire to win! Hooray for basketball mania!

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute Jenny :) Poor Zeus, I'm sure he is completely traumatized by your birthday celebration. I'm glad you liked the cake. Outie belly buttons happen!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!