Sweet 16

Welcome to week 16! I, Dan Nevers, will be your host for this week's post. 

New Year's Eve
NYE started off with a bang, Jennifer felt sick around mid-day which ultimately prevented her from attending the Wild vs. Coyotes game with her Dad. So I reluctantly stepped in:


Nice view.

Actually, these were probably the best seats we have ever sat in at a Wild game. Since Jennifer was at home, she was able to watch it on TV and even spotted us a couple times! Of course since this was at the same time #14 IU battled #2 OSU, so I DVR'd it and we watch the Hoosiers take down OSU as a family after the game. Shortly after the IU game was over with, the ball dropped for 2012...however only 2 of us were up to see it. 

NYE: Finally some snow, only to see it melt away.

Unexpected Dr Visit
On Tuesday morning, Jennifer felt dizzy on the walk to work and had to sit down. After resting for 20 minutes, we were able to make it to working without further incident. However, we did decide it was best to call the doctor to make sure everything was still okay. 

We arrived at the Dr. office later that day and everything was determined to be normal. Great news! We were informed that Jennifer should be drinking more water (+1 for Dan) and eating more protein during breakfast. It now appears that I will be cooking eggs a couple times a week for breakfast. How exciting! 

While the dizzy spell has passed, she has had an up and down week. Hopefully week 17 will be better. We also signed up for a multiples class that starts in March, which should be very helpful. Since it is at the hospital we will be delivering at, it will give us an early look at their facilities. 

The Babies Report
On to the babies! Their limbs are much more developed, legs and arms are longer and are becoming more controlled in movement. This also means that kicking is just around the corner! I know we are excited for these first couple kicks. And its not just their arms and legs that are growing, their weight will double over the next few weeks! 

It was mentioned over the last couple weeks that their ears are developing more. This week they are more sensitive to sound and a loud noise could even startle them. Well, Zeus tried his best today when he was running around the house barking. It has been interesting to see his transformations as well through this pregnancy. 

But were are the pictures? 
Someone should straighten that picture.

As you can see, Jennifer's belly continues to become more pronounced as the week's go by, 38.5 inches this week! She is slowly moving out of the denial phase regarding her non-pregnancy clothing. In a few short weeks, there won't be much left in the closet that will still fit that doesn't have the word "maternity" on it. 

Taking the picture right before bed probably wasn't the best idea.

The babies are roughly the size of an avocado this week. It will be interesting to track how accurate these projections are when we go back to the Dr. office in a couple weeks. Which reminds me, my Mom will be flying for the first time since 1984!! She will be visiting MN with Sharon when we find out what we are having on January 23. 

Poll
Be sure to place your vote for the sex of our future kids! As of 10pm CT, we have a heated race between Both Boys and Baby A Girl | Baby B Boy. You can also add a comment to our post, if you want to hold official bragging rights or want your vote used in a future scrapbook. 

Until next week, here is the view of the world from the Zeus perspective:

8 comments:

  1. Baby A - Boy and Baby B - Girl.

    I am am ~25% sure I am correct :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby A Boy, Baby B Girl

    I'm so excited for your upcoming doctor's visit to find out the gender of the babies!

    When will the name selection contest begin? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to be the only one choosing girls! I am not used to boys so I had to go with what I am use to!:) Can't wait to find out!! Hope you are feeling a little better today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for two boys :) They just look like boys. I am so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for two boys!

    So stinkin' excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote both BOYS!
    I am sure the girls will be voting.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also voted for two boys. I would like to think I have inside information, but I don't.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!