Seventeen...ish

Hello hello everyone! Sorry for the delay this week...I would blame it on the fact that I'm pregnant but we are going to assume that this point you no longer appreciate that excuse. So instead we will blame it on the celebrating fun of one Dan Nevers. He celebrated his 28th birthday on Saturday. Although this year was definitely a little more low-key than normal because I refused to take him out to the bars, I think he did okay. We had a happy hour to celebrate him on Friday with friends and let's just say one of us ended the evening throwing up behind a pillar under a bridge...I'll let you decide which one it was. :) On a more exciting note, despite the fact that his birthday cake has been made today (only to discover we are out of birthday candles) I did get him the best present ever the day of...

Dan's Birthday Snow!
Hopefully next year goes a little better. I would like it to be noted that he is going on a ski trip again this year the weekend before my birthday (which if you don't know...it is kind of a big deal) so really I think my slacking evens out with his lack of appearance. Thankfully my mom has agreed to come babysit me. Who knew I would need a babysitter at the age of 27!

Our Smelly Onions!
Hopefully this is not a sign of how I will feel about our actual kids in the future but I suppose there will be some "surprises" that we will encounter along the way that cause these faces but until then...let's see what these crazy kids are up to. This week our onions have master the skill of yawning and hiccuping. We are hoping to get a glimpse of the yawning part next Monday during our ultrasound but until then we will anxiously await all of their new fun movements. I have started to feel them every so often...just little flutters although the other night Baby B did inform me how he/she was uncomfortable and demanded some more space by stretching out into my side...thank you Baby B! Dan is waiting (im)patiently for the days when he can feel them kick and move...until then he has settled for poking them every so often. I imagine once they are born they will get back at him with some lovely midnight wake-up calls. 

Week 17!
As for me, I feel like I am growing out of control. I would like to welcome you to the first MATERNITY pocket tee picture. Thankfully they make them to "grow" with me. I did buy two new ones for post-pregnancy today though, just to be sure the collection gets out of control...I may or may not have a problem. Anyways, otherwise we have good days and bad days. I am learning to master the art of drinking as much water as possible. Our walks to work may end soon due to a need to take multiple breaks during each one but for now I'm still getting my exercise so the doctor doesn't seem too concerned at the moment. I haven't had any fun cravings to report, although I have discovered the joys of heartburn the past two weeks. I did read that this indicates that our children are growing hair...although if they take after me, they won't grow anymore until they are about 3 so at the very least they should have some when they are born! Otherwise it has been entertaining to see people and watch them say hi and then immediately look at my stomach. There seems to be two types of people...first the ones that don't say anything until you bring it up (although you can tell they want to ask) and then secondly we have those who are confident enough to ask when I am due. I did get a nice "pep" talk from one of my former managers today...he told me the first 6-8 weeks are horrible. He makes having kids sound so wonderful, although he did say after that it is pretty awesome so I guess that evens out!?

Be sure to vote for the genders if you are interested! Also feel free to let me know if you would prefer not to know and we will do our best to keep it a surprise...you will have to stop reading the blog though...I will warn you! There are 6 more days to vote! I may be a little more impatient during the next post...so until then!

3 comments:

  1. Dan's birthday lasts a week or so, just like yours...right? We will have a good birthday party on Saturday :)
    So, I voted baby A a girl and baby B a boy. I cannot wait to watch them and find out on Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your belly picture! So funny Danny pokes them :) Nick and I are taking Mother to the airport saturday, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Liz's comment about the poking! :-) Can't wait to hear about the appointment! We will love them both either way though!! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!