Wrapping Up 2011

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Hopefully you have some fantastic plans to bring in the New Year or you are like me and just hoping that there is a slight chance you'll actually make it until 12am to watch the ball drop. 2011 like every year has had some ups and downs but we have enjoyed every minute. We are now anxiously awaiting the fun and sleep deprivation that 2012 has in store for us! But one of the highlights of our last week of 2011 was this...


We had our monthly doctor's appointment on Tuesday and let's just say the ultrasound lady is definitely spoiling us! With twins it is easier for the doctor to monitor heartbeats...she told us a story about how when she was a resident they thought a lady was having triplets because they kept finding three heartbeats but when she delivered there were actually only two babies. It was kind of entertaining to hear how far technology has come for these sort of things. But anyways, we got to see our little twins moving around. Baby B is the one that is head down and Baby A is head up. Baby B likes to show off whenever we do these and of course was stretching out and wiggling around...Baby A is normally more curled up but I have a feeling this just might be because there isn't much space left...

Baby A
Baby B











I never knew that seeing how big something has grown and hearing a heartbeat would make me so ridiculously happy! We also learned that they were measuring a little bigger than their actual "dates". One baby was 15 weeks and 3 days and the other was 15 weeks and 4 days...both 4oz. I had just turned to 15 weeks that day so the ultrasound lady called them our little "whoppers". We also learned that they take the measurements of their heads, bellies and femurs to determine their ages. We were confused as to why she just measuring random bones so of course Dan did his job and asked what it was for. Otherwise things are progressing nicely!


Our little oranges!
Our little "whoppers" are actually the size of oranges this week (15). They of course are continuing to grow like crazy, as shown above. They also now have the ability to begin doing things like sucking their thumbs...I'm pretty sure on the picture above they both know what these are (especially since they are part Cooper). They are also working on finishing up their ear bones so they should be able to hear us chatting soon. I hope they enjoy all my random singing...poor kids!


Week 15
As for me, I'm continuing to grow. I finally have a belly big enough that you can sort of tell it is less likely me packing on pounds and more likely that I'm growing some kids. I am pretty sure the maternity shirts make me look more pregnant...one of my co-workers told me I wasn't as cute when I rocked my normal pocket shirt over another maternity shirt (Thanks Julie...this isn't going to help your cause at touching my belly later :) ). I am still struggling with the normal pregnancy fun...I have given up on my bliss. I am attempting not to let it get me down and appointments like Tuesday help me see what the end result will be which makes all the spinning stomach and migraines worth it!

As for the most exciting news (that you have all probably been waiting for)...we have officially scheduled our next ultrasound! You can officially begin counting down the days until January 23rd at 9am! We are so excited. I will be attempting to get a poll up so that everyone has a chance to get their votes in. Since it is at the hospital they made me wait for an extra two days before they called and scheduled it but I was able to get the first appointment available...well I did 9am instead of 7:30am but at least it is on a Monday in the morning so I don't have to go to work and attempt to pretend like I'm paying attention to anything else. 22 more days!!!

We hope you all have a fabulous New Year and hopefully 2012 has nothing but wonderful things in store for you (at the very least you will hopefully have two fabulous babies to come visit).

Almost forgot your random picture of Zeus for the week...

Zeus waiting for his treat...
Happy 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget about IU beating OSU! First time in team history to knock off the #1 and #2 team in the same season.

    Otherwise, I approve this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your pictures make me smile and want to dance. How cute the babies are and your belly and Zeus! I am counting down the days again, with my advent calendar, just like I told you I would. Great job as always on the blog guys :) Glad you gave it your stamp of approval Dan!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!