Christmas - The Big Day!

And we are back! Well at least I'm back, hopefully Dan has done a decent job of keeping you somewhat entertained. So where were we, oh that's right, the stocking were hung by the bookcase with care in hopes that someday Jennifer will finally finish reading all of the unread books...


I must say that having 2.5 year olds definitely brought back some of the Christmas magic this year! Dan mentioned we had "Dress" our Elf on the Shelf that came to stay (and was named Dress I think because she was wearing a dress), we watched Christmas movies (although we didn't like the abominable snowman in Rudolph), made Christmas cookies, and of course read a Christmas book each night. Thankfully Santa delivered some fun Christmas pjs before the big event! And the excitement begins!!!




They wasted no time checking all all their goodies. 



The two items requested this year were Batman|Superman and a dinosaur...thankfully Santa delivered on both, however our photographer only captured the dinosaur excitement.
 

 

Now we will just overload you with some pictures :)




Don't worry, Mackenzie was there too! She loved watching her sisters open all their presents and got to open a few of her own too!





Seems odd that there is no pictures of Dan opening presents in his pjs but the rest of us are in the picture line-up but we will go with it! As you can see they had a blast and our living room floor was quickly covered with goodies. Of course the stockings were saved for the end:







Finally we attempted to get some cute post-pajama pictures and apparently the only ones that wanted to cooperate were Mackenzie and the dog:




So the rest of the day was spent playing with new toys and relaxing :) I believe Frosty the Snowman was viewed since Santa dropped that off as well! Overall I would say it was a Christmas success! 

Although we had a quiet Christmas this year with no visitors, Grandpa Scott decided to make an appearance the day after! The girls are starting to warm up quicker to visitors and had Grandpa reading the same books over and over in no time! We rewarded him with a hockey game for Christmas!




Dan normally gets the adorable pictures but I would like it to be noted that the following is mine and I'm pretty proud of it :)


Who doesn't love a good T-Rex snuggle?!

Fun fact, I am about 2 weeks behind (on average) in life so what happens a few days after Christmas?! Yep, decorating sugar cookies. Someday I will catch-up right?!? Also I would like it to be noted for your last picture...Lucy told me she wasn't eating the icing...





3 comments:

  1. Love it, and I totally believe that Lucy was NOT eating the icing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done!! What made you think to ask Lucy if she was eating icing? :-)
    All the pictures are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!