Birthdays, Bellies, and More!



As I review the pictures that Dan has put in place this week, I find it slightly suspicious that he left out any from his trip to Colorado. I know he had a ridiculously good time and I'm pretty sure probably didn't want to come back to a pregnant wife and two kids but thankfully he did return safely. For those of you that don't know, he went to Colorado for his yearly ski trip, which was also turned into his friend Milan's bachelor party. Thankfully my mom decided to book a last minute rewards flight to Minnesota to help me and Bob for the weekend so that was fabulous! The girls LOVED climbing all over Grandma so thankfully I was able to get a bit of a break. Although, I'm pretty sure Emily has yet to recover from being held more often than not as she is still rotating between Dan and I.

Okay Baby #3 update - so we went to the doctor on Tuesday of last week and things looked great. My fluid had dropped a little bit to 9.5 cm but was still considered in the normal range. Our little lady had her foot in front of her face this time and kept grabbing it with her hand, thankfully the ultrasound tech found it as adorable as we did and let us watch her play around for a bit. She is looking good growth-wise so the doctor didn't have any major concerns there. Her head is still measuring a little small but she said that normally babies with long narrow heads will throw off the measurements a bit, no big surprise but when you get the Cooper head it is long and narrow (see Lucy for an example haha). I am back to normal activity for now. She mentioned that as of this moment, I have a normal pregnancy with a normal baby, HOORAY! I go back for a growth ultrasound on the 24th where we will check the fluid again and make a plan from there. I also have my lovely 28 week appointment this next week were I get to drink the orange soda and have my blood drawn for my glucose test. Hooray? Although she did point out that I start coming in every two weeks after that, I guess I didn't realize how close to the third trimester I was. Holy moly! And since we are a little behind...here are your belly shots:



I definitely feel a lot bigger so these pictures are a nice reminder that I'm not and thus I must be more comfortable this time?! Unfortunately my exhaustion levels are quickly on the rise so that's been a fun adjustment. Thankfully Dan does a pretty good job of stepping up...especially on the weekends when Lucy decides she doesn't need a nap. 

So you are probably wondering why the blog started with a picture of cupcakes. After our appointment on Tuesday I was released from bed rest just in time to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday. My mom made a cake for me before she left on Sunday (that I probably ate 3/4 of because it was delicious) so Dan at first tried to say that would be my official cake but instead surprised me with the fabulous cupcakes from a bakery by where he works. 



I went with the oreo cupcake and was not disappointed! The girls got to try a little bit of a chocolate one...although things quickly went downhill for Emily who decided that she did not like the cake being stuck in her teeth:






Thankfully Dan managed to save her by brushing her teeth, although it did take us a few minutes to figure out what was so upsetting. Needless to say the next time we offered her part of a cupcake, she was not interested. We have yet to determine if this is a blessing in disguise.

Otherwise Minnesota finally had a day above 40! This is an extremely big deal for us. We also learned what was making loud bangs randomly, as ice has begun to slide off the roof:


Our sidewalk is a little more dangerous but I guess I will take it if it means this stuff will finally GO AWAY!

Finally we will leave you with the random picture of the week. Yesterday after leaving daycare early (we have had another round of ear infections with Emily and thought Lucy might be on her way to one but thankfully took a long nap yesterday and appears to be better) the girls started what seemed like a very suspicious "army" of little people...Emily was even sorting them based on animal versus princess and superhero. I am not sure I like the looks of this :)


1 comment:

  1. Emily.......the organized child! They are so cute. I'm really glad that you are feeling "normal" Jennifer. You deserve some normalness in your life, before it gets really crazy! Can't wait to see all of you in a few more days. Here's hoping everyone is well and ready to see their Aunty Elizabeth and Grandma. :=)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!