October also had one of my favorite holidays! For some reason Jennifer and Bob hate this day, but Halloween is one of the great days where you can dress up as anyone and it is acceptable. While I wasn't able to get into full costume this year, I think we will need to plan a family theme for next year.
We started off the festivities the same way we have the past 4 years...pumpkin carving with the future Shroffs. Surprisingly, Scott and even BOB got involved in the action this year. Which reminds me, Grandpa Scott was in town the weekend after Grandma Sharon left. He was able to finish off the month of Grandparents in style with hockey and pumpkin carving. Sounds like a perfect weekend if you ask me. :)
This was also the first year that we took the girls trick or treating. Lucy did not want to be carried and insisted on walking like the other kids.
While we didn't go far, I think I was able to instill the joy of this holiday into them as you can see from these pictures:
In a strange turn of events, Indiana postponed their Halloween one day which allowed the girls to pull off an unprecedented double Halloween different state parlay.
I am not sure who had more fun, the girls or their cousins. While in Indiana, we also got to see a number of family members including meeting their second cousins Sam and Viv at Elizabeth and Nick's house.
I had to make sure to get a picture of this (below). This proves that the more things change, the more they stay the same.
NOTE: At this point, I realize that I am blending two trips to Indiana together...but I don't care. They happened about 3 weeks apart from each other so they might as well be the same trip at this point.
We were able to spend some quality time with the grandparents and great-grandparents on these trips. First stop was Great-Grandma Ann's house.
The girls enjoyed chasing her little dog around as well as pulling out the old stuff animals. I am sure we played with the same toys.
Grandpa Scott's house was also a place of excitement during one of these trips. Jake and family came over for dinner which turned into a lot of cousin play time. As you can imagine, the girls slept very well that night.
Any trip to Indiana wouldn't be complete without a trip to the zoo! While it wasn't the warmest day, I think the girls had a great time. As always the underwater exhibits were the biggest hit. Grandma Sharon, Grandpa Frank, and Grandma Jane also came along to enjoy the day of fun and excitement.
Fun fact: I don't think I have ever seen the rhinos do anything other than lay on the ground. If the zoo put stuffed rhinos on display, I don't think that anyone would be the wiser.
My highlight of the zoo trip was hearing an actual lion roar. It was amazing how deep it was. You could feel the bass from 30 feet away.
Last but certainly not least, was our annual pilgrimage to an IU football game. This year we attended the IU vs. UM football game and brought along a few folks from MN. While it wasn't the outcome we wanted, it was a great weekend back in Bloomington. Being able to show the Minnesota crew what it is like to tailgate was one of the highlights from the trip. Rolling hills and a tree canopy is very different from the concrete jungle they are used to.
With any luck we will be able to post a few more updates this weekend. We have also have a great Santa picture to share with you. Stay tuned.































0 comments:
Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!