![]() |
| Are there any other options? |
Halloween was full of firsts this year, first pumpkin carving with the girls, first trick-or-treaters, and our first non-dog costumes.
We'll start with the pumpkin carving. It has been a tradition for the past 3 years that Milan and Jenny have come over to carve pumpkins with us. One would assume that with them living in CA this would come to an end. Not so fast! In a strange turn of events, they were actually in town. Of course, before we could even carve pumpkins, I had to go buy a couple more since the squirrels decided our original ones looked like a delicious meal. I have really started to hate squirrels.
![]() |
| Enjoying their first "pumpkin carving" |
![]() |
| Getting the gang back together. |
Unlike previous years when we were huddled around our cheap table and all using the same carving kit, we were able to fully utilize our new table and multiple kits. We only broke one knife and no one was injured, I think this would be considered a successful year.
![]() |
| Left to Right: Steve, Jennifer, Milan, Dan, Jenny R |
The finished product looked pretty good on our front steps. And who says we don't need 5 pumpkins?!
![]() |
| Getting ready for daycare. |
A few days later, it was time for the girls' first holiday. What is the best way to celebrate your first Halloween? Multiple outfits! Hopefully I can instill enough love for this day early on to ward off the dislike Jennifer shows for it. :)
Since we had so many outfits of Zeus (see: here, here, and here) we decided we would continue the coordination of outfits. One banana, two monkeys.
![]() |
| Bob also joined in on the fun. |
We ended up having a little over 60 people show up. It was interesting to watch the variety of kids show up. Some appeared to be quite old, while others only wanted one piece of candy. It was also fun to watch the transition from Dads walking the sidewalk at dusk to parents driving their kids around once the temperature dropped.
Next year should be even more exciting since we will be able to take them out, even it if is just to the end of the block and back.












I like Zeus' multiple costumes! I really like the cowboy one....I don't think he does though :)
ReplyDelete