Okay so you know I officially returned to work last week. Thank you Dan for that lovely picture. The bus wasn't too bad...I actually got some reading done. The first day I didn't know where to swipe the card and the bus driver just looked at me like an idiot but that's alright. I figured it out and am now a pro (although now I don't really ride the bus anymore...but still). The first three days felt a little like vacation. I checked a lot of e-mails and chatted with everyone who welcomed me back. This past week slowly but surely started to feel like work again. Monday was probably one of the hardest days EVER. We took the girls into daycare for the first time. The teachers were awesome and I was probably crabby to them but they didn't seem to notice. They were excited there were two of them because that meant they each got one. I then cried the whole way out of the building...thankfully we were early enough that we didn't pass too many people...although one of the other teachers did yell that I could stop by anytime. We did leave work early that day so that I didn't go too crazy. Everyone tells me each day gets easier so we'll see if that's true. I did stop crying by the 3rd day so maybe this week will be completely tear free. The girls seem to do really well. There is a lot of activities listed on their sheets and they have even been napping a little so that's fabulous. I am still struggling with if I'm doing the right thing so if anyone would like to do some life planning for me...let me know :)
The week ended with our first batch of visitors since closing the Nevers household so I could get some quality time those last few weeks with my ladies. Grandpa and Grandma Nevers came up for a quick visit to see how the ladies had grown in the past two months since they were last here. On Saturday they joined us for the Congenital Heart Walk. A co-worker of mine lost her son and in honor of his memory she and her husband have started this tradition. It was a fabulous day for a walk on Saturday and plus we got the chance to join them to celebrate his life and raise some money for a good cause. I believe they are accepting donations for another month so if you are interested...here is the link to my page.
Congenital Heart Walk Donations
The rest of the weekend was of course filled with football fun. The Hoosiers weren't able to pull out a win but of course the ladies had to rock their best IU gear:
![]() |
| Ready for some FOOTBALL! |
The Colts did have better luck and were able to beat the Vikings (suck it Minnesota fans...:)). So now that all the weekend fun is over it is back to the real world fun tomorrow! I should have some pictures of my COMPLETED Pinterest projects next time...I knocked out three this weekend so I'm pretty excited...although I really need to delete the app from my phone...Christmas may be out of hand. Anyways...ramblings are done. Enjoy the remaining fun pictures for the week! (PS: Not sure why it isn't changing the name but this was posted by Jennifer not Dan...in case you were really confused which you shouldn't have been since my musing are WAY better :) jk)
![]() |
| Our blanket babies! |
![]() |
| Whaaaaaa? |
![]() |
| Proud Grandpa...he would have stolen them if I wouldn't have watched him closely ;) |
![]() |
| Hanging with Grandma! |





Great job Jennifer, I could tell that it was you the whole time. The pics are great to see and of course whatever works best for you and your family is the right thing to do. Take care and try to enjoy your week.
ReplyDelete