Fabulous Nineteen!

Happy Week 19 everyone! Sorry for the EXTREME delay...I know results were promised by Monday/Tuesday but we failed miserablly on that one. I blame it on Dan's 25 broomball games and being distracted by the invasion of the Moms. :)

Monday was our big day this week! Dan and I made our final guesses:

Jenny: 1-Boy, 1-Girl; Dan: 2-Boys

And off to the hospital we went. We spent the next hour and a half watching our babies twist and turn. Baby B liked to move as soon as our ultrasound tech was ready to take the picture...not to mention this baby is conveniently placed right under my ribs so that felt lovely when he pressed down to get some of the shots. Thank you Baby B.

So in case you missed it...via text message (sorry to everyone who got our iPhone users' responses...they are still learning) or from the many Facebook statuses...we are excited to announce that we are having:

Two Lovely Ladies!
Both Moms had also not guessed two girls so needless to say everyone in the room was completely wrong. I think between my work poll and the one on the blog we officially had 5 votes for two girls. We are excited and Dan is adjusting to the idea of playing Barbies and becoming a fan of pink...although he now realizes even with Zeus he will always be out voted. Poor guy! Otherwise the babies looked healthy and are still weighing a few days ahead of schedule. It is our goal to have 6-8 pound babies so the bigger they are, the happier I am! They have even moved a bit, Baby A is still on my left side and down low, however Baby B has now demanded even more space and has officially spread across under my ribs. I have a feeling once those precious kicks start to become more noticeable, she and I might have some issues. :)

The appointment was fabulous and it was really great to have both the Moms there to share it with us. Afterwards we of course made our first stop at Babies R Us to stock up on some pink and girlie clothing. Dan has now also begun to limit my time wandering through the baby sections at stores reminding me that we can register for these items later. Needless to say I'm looking forward to his trip to Colorado so I can go do some damage ;) (Jk Dan).

Otherwise Tuesday we went to our regular check-up with the doctor. She didn't like that I was getting sick more, however she was happy to hear the medicine had been helping. In addition, I had asked about iron supplements and we checked my blood to find out that it was low and thus they are now part of my pill popping fun. I must say, however, after I started taking those I have had one of the best weeks with only a few bad spells. I am hoping this discovery in addition to this next week being week 20, I will get a few weeks of relief and thus some of my to-do items crossed off the list.

So how big are these little ladies this week you ask:

Mango Mania!

We have some mangos this week! As you can see...Zeus also thinks this is his normal treat time. He was napping on the couch so we thought we were going to get away with no begging this week...apparently we were wrong. They have continued to make their presence known here and there. Dan was able to feel Baby B move around a bit earlier today...although he told me it felt like my stomach was acting weird. Baby A is a little more harder to feel since she is lower so hopefully she is hanging in there.

As for me:

Week 19
First I would like to note that this is not the normal pocket tee. I didn't realize I wasn't wearing the right shirt until it was too late and we only have a short window before my "tired eyes" come out again so we went with it. I apologize to everyone for letting you down ;) This is the first week I have started to feel huge. This may have been caused by the doctor informing me that my insides were already measuring the size of a woman who is 28 weeks pregnant (please note this is 9 weeks ahead of what I actually am). I then looked at the people at work who are due in the next few weeks and realized in just 9 short weeks that means I will be as large as them and still have 8ish weeks to go. These are things that I should not think about but that's okay. The Moms did decide I have officially out grown my 2nd coat of the winter and I was forced to buy a maternity coat. I guess it is good to have people tell you when you look ridiculous. I have noticed I also have to be careful when I eat to make sure all the crumbs are now cleaned off and my feet are slowly but surely starting to disappear. Dan hasn't had to start tying my shoes yet but we are pretty sure this might be just around the corner.

Otherwise this week we have officially started our name brainstorming and woudl like it to be noted that we will not be disclosing the names until they are born...dispite some complaints from some family members, we are excited to have at least one little surprise to announce after they are born. We would like it to be noted that we are not opposed to suggestions...we have already gotten some fabulous ones such as Cupcake, Milania & Andrea, Jennifer Jr., etc. We have also begun the overwhelming process of registering for what seems like a million things to prepare us for parenting. Feel free to let us know if you have any insights to things that are good or not so good.

That's all we got for Week 19...thankfully the Hoosiers won today so it ends this week on a high note!

4 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I can't wait to see you! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tifycThanks for letting me share in the fun of the ultrasound and finding out I will have not just one but now two sets of twin granddaughters! You do look very cute and a bit more pregnant Jenny. I hope you are wearing that coat now. Looking forward to the shower and seeing you again. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for the girls to arrive! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too fun!! I love your cute belly!! Yeah and sorry everyone I was one of those iphone users that doesn't know what she's doing when resending mass texts! Can't wait to see you in a few short weeks!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!