One Week Until Christmas (or Week 13)!

Happy 2nd Trimester! Welcome to week 13 and my supposed bliss. It has been a rough week of migraine fun but I did sneak a few sips of caffeine here and there and it is amazing. :) This has been the first week that Dan has officially made comments about my stomach...not in a bad way but I feel it has gotten much more noticeable:

Week 13 Belly Shot      

I am still rocking normal shirts for now but I have a feeling my wardrobe will soon be shifting to all maternity clothes. I have a few bigger pocket shirts so don't worry, we won't be losing those anytime soon. I know how much everyone has enjoyed them (although I'm pretty sure I've worn blue before...we will blame it on pregnancy brain). Technically this picture is also a day later than normal. Typically we do it on Thursday nights...however this Thursday I had a happy hour for work and then we tried to go shopping. I made it two stores and ended the evening asleep on the couch by 8:15pm. Apparently they aren't kidding when they say you won't have the same energy as you did before you were pregnant. Yikes!

As for our little twins...

Peaches!
They have graduated to peaches (not much of a difference from last week). Believe it or not, we had trouble finding our fruit for the 2nd week in a row so instead you get peach cups! I did eat one...but not until the next day so it was a little less weird for me. But they are continuing to grow and for this week their little hairs have started to grow. Let's hope they get more hair than I did...I think mine didn't grow again until I was almost 2. They apparently have also grown a layer of hair to keep their bodies warm as well...to me it sounds like they look like little monkeys but we will love them anyways. They are apparently responding to our touches, however I still can't feel them yet. Although, I'm pretty sure this week Baby B moved a bit because I got a flutter on my right side...I think he/she was just saying hello...or it was a gas bubble but I like to think it was them instead. :)

As for Zeus...

He continues to be my new best friend and follows me everywhere. I was reading on-line the other day from one of my e-mails that pets are able to sense the change in hormones and thus he will become more protective. I am kind of ready for the babies to come so he will start to follow them around instead. He continues to investigate our fruits every week...he wasn't quite sure what to do with the peach cups since he wasn't able to bite into them. Zeus and I also get some bonding time while Dan figures out if he has all the perfect shots...

This is a behind the scenes look at how these shots normally end up. This was pre-nap and before we were expecting guests over for the evening so needless to say I was exhausted. 

But in other news of the week...the IU basketball team is still undefeated AND the Colts got their first win of the season so it has been a big sports weekend for Dan. In addition, he got to premier as a dancing snowflake in the Holidazzle parade this year. In case you are wondering what in the heck that is...in Minnesota we love our parades...so while normally people do these in the summer, starting every Thursday - Sunday from the day after Thanksgiving until the weekend before Christmas there is a parade with nursery rhyme characters as well as Santa. Target sponsors two nights and thus all the volunteers for the evening are Target employees. Dan's team decided to do it as a team event so he got his groove on:

He did a fantastic job and even smiled as our group of friends heckled him. I would also like it to be noted that the camera messed up when he originally walked by me so I literally had to chase him down the next block to get another picture. So I guess in theory we were both in the parade...mine was just a little unofficial and more paparazzi-like. Either way, it was a fabulous evening and got everyone in the Christmas spirit. So I will leave you with a fabulous picture of one Santa Claus to help bring a little Christmas cheer!

Dan is also playing his first broomball game tonight so he isn't able to review this before I post it so please check the comments later for anything he thinks should have been included. In case you are wondering what broomball is...picture hillbilly hockey, no skates and sticks that look more like brooms than a hockey stick. Dan has decided to full embrace his Minnesota living and now will be playing 3-4 nights a week. We will keep you posted on how he does...after tonight he will complain about his back being sore for the next three days but for now I'm off to enjoy some DVR'ed shows.

2 comments:

  1. Dan-wish I could have been there to cheer you on...or heckle you...how fun!!! Zeus-you better get ready. I will be there on Wednesday and you and I are going to play.
    Jenny-your belly looks so cute! I can't wait to see you, Dan, Zeus, and the babies. Great blog, so much fun to read about all your adventures :) I will be there for the next one. 2 1/2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Holidazzle was a success! While I was originally very skeptical about how ridiculous I looked wearing a blue sweat suit with a light up ring around my neck, the kids didn’t seem to notice. I think I gave out more high-fives in that 30 minute walk than the previous 30 years of my life.

    For those that weren’t there, Minneapolis was a cool 39 degrees at parade start, a home Vikings game concluded 2 hours prior, and it was the last night of the Holidazzle. Needless to say, it was packed! A majority of the parade route was 8-12 people deep and of course everyone was very excited for the snowflakes.

    Broomball on the other hand, wasn’t the same kind of success. My team lost 2-1, but I did score our lone goal. Also, the ice was 11 inches thick so a dip in the frigid waters did not occur. I’ll take a couple pictures of the venue in the coming weeks; it is one of the cooler places to play broomball. Not to mention it is on a lake!

    And no, Jennifer didn’t miss any important updates this week. She is a quick learner.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!