Week 8 is Here!


Welcome to Week 8! As you can tell from the picture, our little blueberries have officially graduated to raspberries. I would also like to note that after we took the pictures this week for the first time I actually ate the fruit...I am pretty sure that makes me some sort of cannibal but we will worry about the therapy that will be involved later. :)

Okay so this week our little rasberries are hard at work. Their heads are now officially larger than the rest of their body and their little fingers and toes are developing from their arm and leg buds (how weird does that sound...that's right, you all started out with buds). As for me...I'm pretty sure the tire around my midsection just keeps getting larger...yes I know it is babies and not fat...

Week E-I-G-H-T, Eight! (Hopefully if you are a Cooper you read/sang this in your head appropriately otherwise I am very disappointed...especially you Jake Cooper)

In case you are wondering, I actually have like 8 of the same color shirt...please enjoy the rest of the rainbow in the upcoming weeks...they said to wear the same outfit but that kind of creeps me out so this is how we are compromising. Okay enough with my random thoughts.

So we were hoping to have some exciting news or information from the doctor (we are switching from our previous clinic...I think I have mentioned this before...have I mentioned that pregnancy brain has kicked in...sometimes I forget what I was in the middle of doing and then have to sit there for a minute...like now...back to the doctor story). So we were suppose to go Wednesday, I was working from home and Dan had a meeting and I was picking him up on the way...8am rolls around and I get a call that the nurse we are meeting with first (then to the normal doctor) is sick...I sat there stunned for a minute when the lady told me. I'm pretty sure in my 27 years (well Mom you may have to fill in those first few years) I have never had a doctor's appointment canceled due to the doctor being sick, I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be possible. I will tell you that in Minnesota you do get appointments canceled due to snow...true story! Sorry, another random tangent...did I mention the pregnancy brain yet?! ;) Basically in all of this rambling I'm trying to tell everyone that we will now be going to the doctor on Monday. We have been doing our research this week and are full of questions (basically this translates to the fun/excitement of the babies has faded a bit and is now replaced with a bit of fear and anxiety of holy shit there are TWO).

Okay I think that's the main excitement for this week. As for me I have been fighting with migraines but that was to be expected. All my books are claiming these symptoms will start to let up in the next few weeks. I'm hoping this means I can enjoy at least 3 pieces of pumpkin pie and a piece of apple pie (hint hint Mom) on Thanksgiving without losing any of it later. We will see how this works out. Alright kids, I'm really done now. Thanks for celebrating Week 8 with us and we will of couse keep everyone posted on how the doctor's appointment goes.

2 comments:

  1. For a moment I thought we were talking e-i-g-h-t, eight babies and you would be octomom2 :) Dyslexic much! Then I realized WEEK eight, two babies. The problem with me is the pregnancy brain never went away. Your blog is so much fun! Those two little raspberries are so lucky to have such loving parents. Missing my weekly picture of Moose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! We should talk more at the family get togethers, I mean I knew you were cool/funny but dang!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!