Pop Pop!

Green Olives!

Welcome to week 9! It has been quite an eventful week. First, as you can see our little raspberries have grown a bit into the size of green olives. They are taking a more human shape this week. Their fingers and toes have formed and look less like paddles, however their heads are still larger than the rest of their bodies. Their sexes have officially been decided as their reproductive organs have started to develop...however, they won't be distinguishable for a few more weeks. Word on the street is we get to hear their heartbeats at our next appointment the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. :)

As for me...

Week 9, yikes!

As you can see my stomach has grown a bit this week...2 and 1/2 inches to be exact! I have officially outgrown my jeans and have discovered the joys of maternity pants. They are like sweatpants! We officially announced my pregnancy at work on Wednesday due to this large amount of growth...everyone has now stopped asking me why I stopped drinking Mountain Dew and started drinking Ginger Ale. I get reminded a lot more that I'm eating for 3 and my co-workers have officially started throwing out names...this week it was Otis and Pip. My nausea has calmed itself a bit...except for post-lunch...apparently the babies aren't fans of lunch. I have still been battling migraines but apparently my blood has increased by over 50% so rumor has it that's what is causing most of that. I have become a napping pro and can average about 3 on the weekends and still go to bed at a decent time. We are attempting to still live a sudo-normal life however we are quickly learning my energy levels fade fast. We attempted our 2nd concert last night and I struggled at the end of my secret stash of almonds in my pocket helped me last a little longer than expected. We have another one on Sunday so we'll see how that goes...it may be our last for awhile. 

And finally we have an update on my new best friend. Zeus now officially follows me around wherever I go. I think he is enjoying that we both can nap in the bed a little more often than normal and most evenings he is laying on the couch shoved between Dan and I to ensure he is still part of the family. I am anxious to see how he does once I have a huge belly and the babies start kicking his head while he attempts to lay on my lap. He also thinks for our weekly pictures that he deserves a treat...

This week he even helped clean my fingers of the stinky olive smell. 

We are excited to be heading home this week to show everyone my belly's progress. I can't promise I will be able to eat as much turkey and pie as I hoped and there is a pretty good chance I may fall asleep in the middle of hanging out with the family but hopefully everyone else is overstuffed on turkey and naps right along with me! 

2 comments:

  1. Awww...I love the story, and your belly looks so cute. I'm sure Zeus deserves lots of treats for helping you through this tough time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing the heart beats is going to be super exciting!! Just in case you didn't already know. I always loved that part.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!