Blog for Wednesday (no internet access)


Today (Wednesday) we were able to go out and see some more of the city (Piccidilly Circus, Leicester Square, and Waterloo Station). Jennifer seems to have bruised her foot on our first day, so that has been interesting. Since we have the tube pass, we are trying to walk less. It should be back to normal in no time.   

One of the highlights of our day was Afternoon Tea. There are a couple pictures of this out there. It was a good time Jennifer enjoyed the food, not so much of the tea.   

Jennifer was able to get a new England Football jersey which was one of our first souvenirs.   I wish we could have taken more pictures at the National Gallery but they don’t allow pictures of the paintings. We were able to see the Van Gogh – Sunflowers and the Seurat Bathers at Asnietres.   

During our trip out tonight, a older gentlemen in a suit walked passed us then called out “Sir, I have forgotten my mobile at home. Could you spare some change? There is a telephone booth just over here.” So what do I do…dig into my pocket and give him a pound. He thanks us, then leaves. Immediately after he leaves, I say to Jennifer, “Why did I just do that?” I still don’t know why I didn’t that. I never give money to anyone….ever.   

0 comments:

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!