And we are back! As anyone who has a newborn knows, your free time significantly decreases and apparently taking a nap trumps organizing pictures but thankfully Dan finally got a few things put together so we could give everyone a glimpse into what is now our "new normal".
As Dan mentioned last time, we were off to the hospital and June 3rd around 5:45am. We were actually running late so I don't think we left until 5:55 but that's alright. We got settled in our room and the fun began around 8am. My doctor wasn't too thrilled about this late start since we had been asked to be there at 6am but apparently the nurse who kicked us off for the day had other ideas.
So the day of waiting began, things didn't progress quite as quickly as we had hoped, although deep down I think she was hoping for her own birthday. :) Finally around 10pm, my contractions took a significant spike and after 22 minutes of pushing, we welcome Mackenzie Grace into the world!
She was 8 pounds and 7 ounces, 18 and 1/2 inches long. Obviously Dan and I both thought she was perfect :)
Unfortunately since it was so late I didn't get Jimmy Johns for my first meal like I had hoped but the hospital did provide a turkey sandwich, which tasted amazing after not being able to eat all day so I can't complain too much!
The next day Grandma Sharon was able to bring the twins to meet their new baby sister. The big premier was somewhat how we predicted. Emily was not interested in meeting the baby and Lucy wanted to figure out what was going on but had limited interest. I think they were also a little distracted by all the things to get into in the hospital room as well.
Of course having two two year olds uninterested left us with limited pictures but we did our best!
It is hard when there is a ledge to sit/stand on and cars to spot :)
Of course Grandma had to get some cuddle time in as well. This is the 6th lady on the Cooper side of the family. :)
Thursday we were released from the hospital in the early afternoon and made the journey home...which is exhausting for everyone:
Mackenzie has adjusted to the new crazy life quite well. Her sisters have both warmed up to her now and want to know where the baby is at all times. Emily likes to yell in her face when she is sleeping but she doesn't actually seem to mind most times. They also get upset when she isn't next to them during meals so I think they have embraced the fact that she isn't a temporary addition to the family. We are working our way through visitors and will hopefully have another update soon with those pictures as grandparents come to meet the newest addition! For now, I have someone who is refusing to keep napping without being held so Mommy duty calls!



















Welcome Mackenzie Grace!! It was such an honor to see her born and hear her first cry. You did a wonderful job Jennifer and I am so proud of you and Dan. I had so much fun with Emily and Lucy and they are two very sweet little girls. Love the update and pictures and can't wait to get up to visit again, hopefully soon! A big thanks to Bob and Julie for all the help!
ReplyDeleteLove this family! Congratulations.
ReplyDelete