![]() |
| Chhheeeeeeeeese. |
Since we are on time and only have one picture we thought we would go back to our original plan and add some numbers. Some fun facts from above, my current cravings have changed from burritos to bacon cheeseburgers and bagels. I'm not sure if I mentioned this last week or not...but the random cravings have continued so that's been fun. I am also a big seafood fan at the moment (the stuff I can eat anyways) and actually found a sub at Erberts and Gerberts with seafood AND bacon. I was really worried it would be gross but it lived up to everything I thought it could be and more. As you can also see, Dan and I have already found out the gender! :) We are attempting to figure out how we want to reveal it to everyone...so don't worry, you likely won't get any hints until next week so feel free to keep getting your votes in!!
Not so fun fact, we had a bit of a scary end to our week. I was suppose to fly to Atlanta on Friday to have a fabulous ladies weekend with my mom, aunt and cousins, and instead spent most of the weekend relaxing on the couch and not getting my uninterrupted sleep as planned. On Thursday afternoon I started to have some spotting and at this stage of the game, you immediately become terrified. I called my doctor and they were able to squeeze me in first thing the next day. We actually met with my original doctor who is retiring from OB later this month so it was somewhat of a flashback but nice to see such a familiar face. She order the ultrasound and we got to see our little peanut (which is always wonderful), however, we did learn that my placenta has implanted in the worst possible place...awesome. At this point, there is a small chance that it could still migrate a bit as my body continues to adjust to the changes, however, since it is completely in the wrong spot, it will likely not move completely away from where we would like it to be. This means I am at a higher risk of an early delivery and bed rest...I will also likely have a c-section...which is funny because most people already assume I have had one...joke is on them! So despite my pregnancies feeling somewhat backwards in terms of risk, we are attempting to make the best of it! We have our normal ultrasound and doctor's appointment on the 20th so we are hoping to get a few more answers to our now many questions that continue to pop up in our heads. Hopefully by planning for the worst, we will be ready for anything to come!
So let's move on to happier news right?! As you can imagine, December was busy with Christmas preparations and a few visitors to keep us company over the holiday season! The girls were definitely more aware of what was going on this year but still not quite all there with the concepts yet. They did love helping us decorate...
Although by the time Christmas rolled around...all the ornaments from the real tree towards the bottom were clumped together and the girls decided to rearrange them on a daily basis. The fake tree that holds all the sentimental ornaments were gradually clumped higher and higher as they kept trying to take things down. They kept us busy to say the least. :)
For Christmas, we made the executive decision after having the girls that we wouldn't travel on the holidays to allow for maximum Christmas craziness and full days of playing with all our new toys. For Christmas Eve this year, we decided to invite over some of our orphaned friends for a fabulous Christmas dinner and Grandma Sharon was able to come and spend the holiday with us too. Our friends Leslie and Andrew are expecting a baby in February so we were able to get a besties shot of the two babies-to-be:
Obviously they don't know they are destine to be besties yet but we think they will catch on quick once they are both out of the womb :)
Christmas Day was also quite the adventure. The girls LOVED opening presents, although at times they need breaks to full appreciate the toys they just opened before moving onto the next. Needless to say, opening presents this year took much longer than in past years but it was definitely fun to bring back that little kid excitement of the holiday!
So thank you everyone who helped to spoil these lovely ladies! They had a fabulous Christmas and our family room has officially exploded with toys and books! Zeus also did okay himself and was excited to have room once all the presents were open to full enjoy his new bones:
Up next we had a visit from Grandpa Scott. He came for hockey (of course) but got to bond with the ladies over their shared love for Go Dog Go!
After his short trip to Minnesota and a New Years that involved two naps to make it to 11:30pm (which meant I saw the ball drop in the eastern time zone so it counts). We had a visit from Aunt Jennifer and Aunt Elizabeth. This also meant some more presents!!


Unfortunately Jennifer and Elizabeth's trip was rudely interrupted by an impending snow storm and freakishly cold temperatures so we hope they come back soon!! Up next we have a visit from Grandpa Frank and Grandma Jane and then of course our big ultrasound where we will hopefully get some fabulous pictures to share!
Finally, I was going to delete this despite Dan putting it in the blog but I figured I would let him have this one. This sums up my energy levels lately...I was watching the IU game I believe and apparently once you place a monkey on Em she is out and once you then place this warm baby with said monkey on me...there is just no hope :) Happy napping everyone!




















Great job Jennifer! I'm sorry to hear about you having some problems. I hope it all works out and that goofy placenta moves to a better "home". I think the bed rest option with 2 under 2 will be next to impossible. I'm sure you were both excited to hear the news of boy or girl as will everyone else! Can't wait for that news. I hope this week is better for you all. Happy napping and enjoy it while you can.
ReplyDelete