I would like it to be noted that I received a lot of attitude from someone for having to upload these pictures so in case you are wondering why we are delayed...blame Dan. :) Conveniently enough the last we met we were preparing for his big birthday! He turned the big 2-9 this year! We had a fabulous day planned....Dan and I took the day off to go to the movies and breakfast. Well...funny story....this time the babies realized we had a day of fun planned without them so they decided they wanted to stick around home for awhile. First, we had dinner and some cheesecake for Dad:
This year the girls were there to help me sing so it was a little less awkward then normal (plus Bob was there too). Then...let's do a quick flashback to last year. Last year on this day around this time...I was puking behind a parking ramp...this year...
We ended the day at the doctor's office. It was seriously the longest visit of our lives! Emily started the fun the week before with a cough, the doctor at the time determined it was just a virus and it would work itself out. Then Lucy started to cough (they enjoy passing things to each other), however, she decided to start running a fever so we took her in. During this visit she was tested for the flu and we discovered she had an ear infection. During the visit, the doctor noticed that Emily was a little wheezy (she had started it that afternoon) and got concerned so was kind enough to take a look. Her lungs had some mucus so we ended up doing the breathing treatment (as seen above) and she also had an ear infection. Later in the same week Lucy also started with the wheezing and we took her back in to determine that they had also gotten RSV with their ear infections and thus solving the mystery for everyone. Thankfully we caught the RSV early and after a few breathing treatments and some antibiotics they were as good as new. The doctor also filled Dan in that if an adult gets RSV it involves coughing and runny nose...thankfully they were kind enough to share that with their mom. I don't know why they can't ever pass anything to their dad but I guess I will take it as a sign of love? During my time at home with the ladies...we had the first instance of a baby falling asleep during a meal:
During breakfast Emily decided it was just too much to take so as I fed Lucy she started to head bob and fell asleep. I think Lucy enjoyed the extra bites she got while Em was snoozing.
Everyone is back to being healthy and for the months of January and February the ladies are in their first swimming class:
We are going to the YMCA for the "Sea Turtles" class. It is a parent/child class so obviously it is nice to have twins so then Dan and I both get to be involved. The first week both the girls looked at us like we were crazy and didn't know what to think. These past few weeks they have both mastered the art of splashing and every so often we get a few kicks (mainly when they are attempting to "swim" at a toy). Emily seems to love going underwater and she also kept drinking the water the week before last. There were actually two other sets of twins in the class at one point. The last two weeks the class has dwindled to four people (two of them being us).
The other fun in January was the ladies had their Aunt Elizabeth and Nick come for a visit!
Trips to the Mall of America took place and IU game watches were attended. It was a quick trip but we were excited to have them both stop by!
Otherwise things in the Nevers household have been good. We will leave you with a barrage of pictures and will have another post of videos and the girls' 8 month pictures soon (pending Dan).
![]() |
| Our Little Monsters |
![]() |
| IU did win, so we think the curse is broken! |
Dad was at broomball so we had the messiest dinner yet!
![]() |
![]() |
| TOYS! |
![]() |
| Besties! |
Trying Mum Mums for the first time...Emily got the concept...Lucy thought they were to break and throw around.
And finally for your laugh of the week...a creepy Em:

























Thank you Jennifer. I'm glad that you are all better and the swimming classes are a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures. Sorry your birthday was all about sick kids Dan!! They are getting so big and I wish I could come up to see them. Great blog Jennifer!!
ReplyDelete