Sometimes it feels like a broken record, but it is amazing how fast time has gone by. As the girls have gotten older, their schedule have started to shrink. 11 PM bedtime, becomes 10, and it now starts at 7:15. This does give us some "extra" time after they go to bed, but we have started to fill it with other tasks that have been neglected or forgotten for the past few months. One of the few items that we enjoy and have started to do on a more consistent basis...is going for a run at night. As some of you know, we plan on running in the Mini Marathon in Indy and following that up with our first Twin Cities Marathon in the Fall. We have a long way to go, but we are slowly getting back into running shape. Much more to come on this front.
As for the girls! This was probably their best picture of the day. It was snowy and overcast this day, which made for a challenging picture session..but it also seemed to be rubbing off on them and their picture taking moods. We didn't let this slow us down, and eventually were able to get a few keepers. :)
As you can see from this picture (and one below) Lucy has been obsessed with sticking her tongue on everything recently. She will lick your nose, face, arm, etc if you aren't watching her close enough when you are holding her. It has made for a few unexpected surprises. She is also taking her army crawling to a whole new level. It is amazing how fast she can move now. She does have a traditional crawl in her bag of tricks, but still resorts to the army if she needs to get somewhere fast (i.e. a controller/video game/phone ends up on the ground).
Emily has been becoming more mobile as well, however she still prefers to stay in one general area. Once she finds the right toy (which normally requires emptying the entire bin), she is content to play with it for the next 20 minutes or until Lucy wants to play with it. Getting into drawers has also started. Emily first found the dresser drawer a few weeks ago, then Lucy found it the other morning. I think Lucy could have opened and closed the drawer all day if we would have let her.
At this point, some of you might be asking...Why is he writing this in the middle of the night? Good question. Mostly because I said I would write this before I leave for Denver tomorrow (today now), but procrastination was also getting the best of me for the last few days. I will be sure to post some pictures from Denver / Vail in one of the next posts. Unfortunately I will miss the final swim class this Saturday. Julie is going to sub for me, which is probably a good thing. I think she will enjoy it more than the girls do and that's saying a lot. This will be their 8th week. As with most things we have wrote about, they have really started to love going. Between the splashing, other kids, "jumping" in, and going underwater...it is one of our best hours of the week. It is also one of our more exhausting ones, but that is the price we pay.
Well, since I have to get up in a few hours...I will leave you with a few more pictures from their 2/3 birthday.
![]() |
| You can't see me! |
![]() |
| I wonder when we will need two chairs.... |











Good job Dan, and I believe you will need two chairs very soon. Or maybe put them on the couch for pictures. They are adorable as ever and I hope you have a safe and fun trip.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Baby swim class was so so so so SO much fun, but extremely exhausting! I needed a nap more than they did after :)
ReplyDelete