Road Trip!!

Hello hello! I hope everyone is doing fabulous! We are happy to announce the girls have officially made their first trip to Indiana, unfortunately it was not for fun circumstances. We found out Sunday afternoon that Dan's grandpa was not doing very well and we quickly packed up the new car (that we had thankfully bought on Monday) and hit the road. I was quite impressed that I was able to put together a week's worth of items in a matter of 2 hours and Dan was a packing master to fit it all in the car. I was overwhelmed at first but I called my mom and she said to start at the beginning of my day and pack everything that I would need. Thanks Mom! :) Needless to say we quickly learned the challenges of traveling with two babies...first the feedings were a little more awkward...





You quickly learn that the front seat of the car isn't quite the same as your couch. I don't think the girls really seemed to mind though...I think Em even enjoyed it!



We also realized that without our normal 8 hours of sleep we had to stop this time around versus arriving someplace around 4am. The girls did pretty good that evening...although some snuggle time in Mom and Dad's bed didn't seem to bother them too much either...



This was a somewhat quick trip but the ladies did get spoiled by Dan's family. I don't think they had any problems with getting held all day for two days straight one bit. :) They also got to meet some of their great-grandmas along the way!

Great-Grandma Vickers (Dan's Grandma)



 



Great-Grandma Hill (Jennifer's Grandma)




Sadly, Dan's grandpa did pass away Thursday morning. We were glad we had a chance to go down and provide a little baby love to his family as well as see his grandpa one last time. Feel free to send your thoughts their way...I know they would appreciate it!

Although they had a difficult week, Dan's family did have some good news. I am happy to announce that his cousin had their Indiana twins on Sunday evening! We are so excited for Josh and Rachel! They were set to go in on Tuesday and their twins decided Sunday worked better for them as well so it was kind of crazy how it worked out. They had a boy and a girl and both weighed 6 lbs and 6 ozs so Rachel you did even better than I did!! They had a little bit of a scare but thankfully everyone is home now!  



Sam & Vivian

Dan was able to stop by and see them this weekend so hopefully someday soon we will have an official twins play date! :)

In other fun news for the past few weeks, Dan and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on Thursday. Sadly, we didn't have a trip this year...these babies...I tell you :) That's okay though. Leslie, Andrew, and Bob did us the fabulous favor of watching our ladies while we went to dinner. We did leave them pizza money...it made me feel super old! Bob changed his first diaper that night so he has officially become another fabulous set of hands for those "pee baby" instances. We have decided that we will attempt to return to our fun anniversary trips next year so feel free to let us know if you are available to babysit around August 23rd of 2013!

The other excitement...although Bob threatened he would stop reading the blog if I kept talking about him but really he signed up for this since he moved in right?! Anyways, as you know he moved up here to go back to school (or at least I think I told you guys that...). Today was his first day and of course we had to take a first day picture. I found that Pinterest has an app for your phone now yesterday...this was bad news. I think I sat around pinning things all afternoon and have about ten new projects I want to accomplish. Sorry...random tangent...HOWEVER, I did find a cute idea for the girls' first day of school pictures so I figured we would test it out on Bob. Please note the reason it says 2nd is because he did go to Ball State for a few years before this...didn't want you to think I was losing my mind (because really I am...).

In case you are wondering...he is thinking about how much he hates his sister right now :)

So frankly I think the picture is awesome AND I can't wait until the girls are old enough to do it too. Sorry Bob!

Otherwise the girls continue to grow like weeds. They have started to "talk" more this week and of course are loving to give out the smiles. Emily has officially perfected getting her thumb in her mouth while Lucy still chews on her whole hand. We also have a feeling they will be kids who love their blankets based on the amount of cuddling that's been happening with them lately. It is also officially my last week of maternity leave...so hopefully by this weekend we will have all sorts of fun pictures of things we did or maybe a list of things I didn't do because I was distracted by babies :) I am at a point where I am excited to go back to work some days and others I'm not sure I will be able to leave them. We will keep you posted on how I do. Thankfully our daycare is the two buildings down from mine AND they have an open door policy so I can always go take a quick peek if I get really frazzled. It is almost bath and bed time so I should probably quit my rambling for the week and let you enjoy the remaining random pictures. Happy Tuesday everyone!


Cuddle Time!

Lucy hanging with her bib.

It's tough to be a baby...



And of course we have Dan's random yard fun...
 
The leaves are already starting to fall!

Our new friend!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jennifer, I needed to hear about those babies. And thanks so much for bringing them to visit and letting Dan make the trip back. You four are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did the first day of school shot with your brother. Fantastic!

    - sk

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!