You Will Survive!

I'm back!!!! I'm sure you have all missed my lovely writing and are mildly concerned since we haven't posted in two weeks. Thank you for not giving us too hard of a time :) Let's see, Dan updated you on the birth and our first week. I would like it to be noted I said I didn't pee my pants so I am pretty sure that means my water broke. Let's just say things have been interesting with a sleep deprived Dan. He tends to have some trouble figuring out when he is dreaming and when he is awake. He thought that one of the girls was in bed with us every time he woke up for the first two weeks or so. It use to scare the crap out of me because I always remember them laying in the bassinets when I went to sleep. We have both learned to deal with each other's quirks with no sleep so hopefully it only gets better from here!

So before we left the hospital, the doctor from my clinic told me that after 2 weeks we would feel like we could survive this and then after 6 weeks we would start to feel human again so we have hit our first milestone! We are surviving and I think having some fun at the same time. It has been a lot of fun to watch the girls and their random faces and learning their little quirks. Lucy for instance likes to "sing" while she drinks her bottle while Emily does not like to wait so when she is hungry it goes from 0 to 60 in terms of screaming. We are also learning that when we go out in public we should add additional time to our schedule so that we have time to be stopped and asked questions like..."Are they twins..." My brother and his wife (who also have twin girls for those of you that don't know) warned me about this one...I knew it would be bad but seriously, why else would I have two kids that look to be the same age...I think I'm going to start saying no and see what people do. :) Everyone always thinks we have one of each too, even though they are both obviously dressed in pink. Dan thinks these questions are hilarious because he knows how awkward I am at small talk with strangers at time (sorry if you have been the victim of my awkwardness...) so if anything maybe this will also help my social skills. Ha! But back to the surviving, we had the girls' two week appointment and learned they are perfect (which we already knew). They had both gained weight and were above their birth weight. They were both at 6 pounds and 14 ounces at the last appointment we had so growing like crazy already!!

Let's see...our few weeks of visitors came to a temporary end after Grandpa and Grandma Nevers (well not technically until after Saturday but we are going with it) came for a visit. 

Grandpa Frank & Lucy

Grandma Jane & Emily

Thank you to everyone who has come to visit and helped over the past few weeks. Thank you also to Megan, Leslie and Andrew for dropping off food. All the meals were fabulous and extremely nice to not have to think of something to make for dinner for a few nights, plus it gave Dan a break from McDonalds and sub sandwiches (lunchmeat is still my current obsession). I am currently surviving my first official week alone now that Dan has now went back to work as well. We had an overwhelming first day but things went a little smoother today so hopefully it only improves from here. I think we have visitors scheduled for the next three to four weeks and then my older brother is moving in with us so my days alone with the ladies are limited but I'm enjoying every minute. It is crazy how fast the time goes. I can see how everyone says that you blink and they are turning 1! 

Okay now to the fun stuff since I know many of you have been asking for updated pictures. Dan has been good about having a camera on hand so I feel like these are just a few of what seems like 100s of pictures he has taken. We also got newborn pictures taken last Friday so hopefully we will have those to share in the next few weeks.

Sister love? Lucy's foot in Emily's face.

Snuggle time!

Emily was still hungry so she decided to try Lucy.

Proud Dad on his first Father's Day (Coopers - Please note the Cohron's shirt...we keep it classy)

So in case you were wondering who these kids look like...the question was finally answered when we received a card from Dan's Grandma the other day...


Here are our lovely ladies...






And here is a baby picture of their dad...needless to say we have to mini Dans on our hands. Emily will also hate her Dad when she gets older due to the lovely cowlick that's on the back of her head. Needless to say it will be interesting to watch how they change as they get older...maybe a little Cooper will come out of them eventually!

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you're back! We have missed you. I love the pic of Emily sucking Lucy's head. So cute! And yes, the girls do resemble their Dad's baby picture now, but that may change daily. Post your picture too so we can compare. Take care and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back and to see and hear all about what's been going on!! Love all the pictures. Those two girls are so darn cute and very fun to watch. You are a good Mom and they will grow very fast. Hang in there and enjoy every minute of it...even when you cry with them :) Love to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love all of the pictures! they are precious! I have to get there and visit!! Its killing me not to be able to hold them and see them and you two in person!! will start looking into travel stuff!!! Miss you like crazy!! Good job on your first couple of weeks!! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!