The Catch-up Post

Zeus trying to smell i.e eat our baby representation.


Since we didn't start the blog on day 1, I will try to catch us up the best I can. 


Week 1-5
During the first couple weeks after our positive test in Indiana, not much changed. Jennifer tried to take it easy as much as possible, which is a challenge if you have ever spent anytime with her. No morning sickness was present, but we also didn't have an idea on the number of kids we could have. Since we implanted 2 embryos we had a chance of 0-4 kids. Now the waiting game starts...


Side Story
Shortly after the positive test, we were provided with an expected due date of June 19, 2012. Normally, we don't have many plans 8.5 months out but oddly enough we did. Leslie and Andrew's wedding date is scheduled for June 22 and we were invited to stand with them. 


(Note: Jennifer predicted their future marriage 2 hours into their first unofficial date!) 


What are the chances?! While we had to decline standing and likely attending, we wish Leslie and Andrew nothing but the best! I'm sure we will be involved as much as we can up until bed rest or birth, whichever comes first. 


Week 5 - Apple Seeds
Very excited about apple seeds!


Week five arrived with a bang. Morning sickness! Both of our Moms didn't experience any symptoms which was odd for Jennifer to start now. This was the first sign that we could be having more than one kid.


Scott also came to visit during week 5 for a double dip of Drive-by Truckers concert and Wild hockey. I think the concert was the hardest on Jennifer, lots of standing when she is already exhausted after work. Thankfully, we were close to a wall and railing that could provide support when needed. 


Our first pictures with fruit | vegetable started this week. The fruit of the week was apple seeds. Since we were still unsure on the number of kids we took our best guess and went with 3 seeds. 


Jennifer also discovered that a can of Ginger Ale helps sooth the stomach. We promptly bought 2 cases on our next trip to Target. 


Week 6 - Peas
The first belly picture!


Sign #2 that we might have more than one kid...Jennifer weight has stayed the same but her waist has grown 3 inches! At this point, we decided if we were going to take a weekly belly picture, it should start now. 


As you will notice in the weekly fruit|veg picture, we decided to increase our item count to 4 based on the above information. 


4 peas in a pod!


Jennifer's favorite holiday was this week, Halloween (please note the sarcasm). Surprisingly, she bought a costume early and I quote "so it doesn't turn into a big fight the night of." Unfortunately, the babies were not cooperating and she was unable to fit into the new costume in addition to the post dinner upset stomach they were providing. 


To add to the challenges with this holiday, Andrew started to get sick at our apartment and had to be taken home. That left Milan, Wyatt, and I as the lone survivors to take to the town and report on the best costumes. While I don't know who one first place, I do know that the nerdiest costume goes to the guy that dressed as low resolution. While I couldn't get a picture with him, you can get the general feel by looking at this girl


------------


With that, I think we are caught up. We start a new week each Monday (currently in Week 7) and hope to take a picture at the same time every week so everyone can see the progression. 


Let us know if you want to hear about anything else!


Dan

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done Dan! Sorry you had to go out on Halloween without Jenny. The pictures are awesome and yes, I can really tell you are pregnant Jenny. You won't be able to hide it much longer. Can't wait for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wasted costumes, one for each twin.

    - Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story and the pictures. You know after the babies are born you won't have time for this. And yes Jennifer you do look pregnant! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures and update :) I can only imagine having twins will be way better than being a bridesmaid and groomsman!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, the more comments the better!