
WE MADE IT! :) Welcome to London, it is brilliant! We landed early Monday morning after a long flight, but some good movie watching. We were definitely the minority in being American on this flight, I am sure everyone is taking advantage of the weak dollar at the moment. We got to the hotel super early and it looked a little shaddy on the outside, however the inside was marvelous and they even let us check-in right away so we were able to shower and brush our teeth (gross) before heading out on the town. Dan made us walk more than I ever have in my life on the first day but that's okay I guess. We walked around Hyde Park and saw Big Ben from a distance for the first half of the day. Then a much required nap was needed so we laid down for a quick period of time before heading out again. The second half of the day was filled with Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, and Parliament (including Big Ben). It was all beautiful! Dan has been excited about the cars and frankly I am over listening to how sweet the fancy cars are or how funny the smart cars look. Silly boys. Overall it has been an amazing time, a little overwhelming at times. It is interesting just to look at the random buildings since I am not use to such old building with amazing details. It is also crazy to hear all the different languages around you...and the people watching itself has provided some entertainment. We have now slept freakishly late and and are now on a mission to find breakfast/lunch and head over across the river to go to the Globe and some other museums for the day! We have access to the internet for the remainder of the day and hopefully into tomorrow morning so we'll try to update again later and maybe call home tonight if we get a chance. We love you all! :)
I love the blog! Very nice pictures and I'm glad everything is going well. Everyone loved the wedding and it went so well, just keep it up for the honeymoon kid!
ReplyDelete